The panel discussion specifically directed to criminal tax matters is:
Panel 3 – Criminal Tax Sentencing: Fairness and Deterrence
Discussion of the sentencing phase of criminal tax cases, focusing on principles of fairness and deterrence in regards to both the individual defendant and as to all taxpayers.
In addition, Kathy Keneally, DOJ Tax AAG, will give the keynote talk. I expect some significant portion of her talk will address issues related to criminal tax enforcement.
- Kathryn Keneally, Assistant Attorney General (Tax), U.S. Department of Justice
- Bruce Salad, Chief, Southern Criminal Enforcement Section, U.S. Department of Justice
- Steve Chanenson, Professor of Law, Villanova University School of Law
- Scott Schumacher, Associate Professor of Law and Director, Graduate Tax Program, University of Washington School of Law
- John Townsend, Member, Townsend & Jones and Adjunct Professor, University of Houston Law Center
- Peter Hardy, Principal, Post & Schell and Adjunct Professor, Villanova University Graduate Tax Program (moderator)